Figuring out file structure ...

From: Harry Muscle (fake_at_AT@e-mail.com)
Date: 05/11/04

Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:49:12 -0400

I have an application that consists of a large library of
books/publications/etc. Each one is stored in a separate file with a pub
extension. Each file also starts with the following (as read in Notepad)

URES

The rest of the file is all gibberish and differs from file to file.

Is there anyway to decipher what the file structure would be? I'm hoping to
write an app to read the files directly. It's a pretty custom made
application, so the name of the app wouldn't mean much to anyone, I'm just
hoping they used some standard file format for storing the data.

Please also let me know if there might be a better group to post this in.

Thanks,
Harry

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Running other applications
    ... associated with a file type (extension). ... file and calling FindExecutable: ... ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal lpResult As String) As Long ... > The app is a program called Data Junction. ...
  • Re: Backup Question
    ... "How in code could I have an Access Database make a copy of itself to ... the app ... > compact itself, but you can lauch another app that will do the job. ... > separate file you can copy or compact the back end file from code in the ...
  • Re: Avaya IP Office TSP unpredictable lineMakeCall() failure
    ... application logs. ... invoked a lineMakeCall from device xyz to extension 123 then they should be ... > Exactly the same app works reliably with all of them, ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: Custom Files?
    ... > Private File Type, then I wouldn't worry about it. ... > Of course not registering it, may mean another app would start using it & ... But regarding the custom ... > | file extension? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Avaya IP Office TSP unpredictable lineMakeCall() failure
    ... Exactly the same app works reliably with all of them, ... The app does a lineOpenfor each extension it controls at the start of the ... instructions such as lineMakeCall(), lineDrop, etc. in the normal way. ... All subsequent lineXXXXcommands for that device ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)