Figuring out file structure ...

From: Harry Muscle (fake_at_AT@e-mail.com)
Date: 05/11/04

Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:49:12 -0400

I have an application that consists of a large library of
books/publications/etc. Each one is stored in a separate file with a pub
extension. Each file also starts with the following (as read in Notepad)

URES

The rest of the file is all gibberish and differs from file to file.

Is there anyway to decipher what the file structure would be? I'm hoping to
write an app to read the files directly. It's a pretty custom made
application, so the name of the app wouldn't mean much to anyone, I'm just
hoping they used some standard file format for storing the data.

Please also let me know if there might be a better group to post this in.

Thanks,
Harry