Re: Graph problem

From: Dan Tex1 (dantex1_at_aol.com)
Date: 12/07/04

    Date: 07 Dec 2004 07:27:14 GMT

    From: "Kitty" Nospam

    >Thanks all.
    >
    >Is it possible to implement Floyd-Warshall algorithm to calculate the
    >diameter of a graph with 500000 nodes? My computer has 512MB ram.

    Well... if you've calculated the shortest path between all pairs of nodes in a
    graph.... the diameter of the graph is the distance between the two nodes that
    have the longest "shortest path" isn't it.

    By the way... do you have a directed or undirected graph? I don't know how
    efficient the Floyd-Warshall algorithm is, however, I note that it requires
    the graph to be directed.

    Dan :-)

    • Re: Graph problem
      ... )> graph. ... Is it possible to implement Floyd-Warshall algorithm to calculate the ... diameter of a graph with 500000 nodes? ... You all think I'm paranoid, ...
      (comp.programming)
    • Re: Shortish paths
      ... original graph. ... The functionality of Dijkstra's original algorithm can be extended ... optimal solution is removed from the graph, ... I intend to begin by rereading the shortest path sections of Cormen ...
      (comp.theory)
    • Re: Shortish paths
      ... For how many nodes and how many edges will the actual algorithm run ... original graph. ... optimal solution is removed from the graph, ... I intend to begin by rereading the shortest path sections of Cormen ...
      (comp.theory)
    • Re: Representing a Tree in Python
      ... other nodes in the graph. ... Dijkstra code you are using it may be possible to help you with the ... finds shortest path between only two nodes. ... And what is the best way to represent a tree in Python?. ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Graph optimization
      ... represented in the form of a graph. ... I have to add up all the weights to form the ... algorithm is going to be the best for finding the shortest path ...
      (comp.programming)