Re: Graph problem

From: Dan Tex1 (dantex1_at_aol.com)
Date: 12/07/04

    Date: 07 Dec 2004 07:27:14 GMT

    From: "Kitty" Nospam

    >Thanks all.
    >
    >Is it possible to implement Floyd-Warshall algorithm to calculate the
    >diameter of a graph with 500000 nodes? My computer has 512MB ram.

    Well... if you've calculated the shortest path between all pairs of nodes in a
    graph.... the diameter of the graph is the distance between the two nodes that
    have the longest "shortest path" isn't it.

    By the way... do you have a directed or undirected graph? I don't know how
    efficient the Floyd-Warshall algorithm is, however, I note that it requires
    the graph to be directed.

    Dan :-)