Re: Help me choose a programming language please

From: James Keasley (james.keasley_at_gmail.invalid)
Date: 12/31/04

Date: 31 Dec 2004 17:22:17 GMT

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Does Python really follow its philosophy of "Readability counts"?
    ... with enforcing that "shouldn't" in the language itself? ... In Python, direct access to pointers is a MUST NOT. ... where you are allowed to mess with the implementation. ... human assembly language programmers? ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: possible attribute-oriented class
    ... What do you expect non-programmers to do with this class, ... Code written in python could walk the ... For programmers, just nest objects: ... attributes using dictionary-like syntax. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Is classless worth consideration
    ... > The problem we Python programmers are having is understanding the ... Python itself but in the "we Python programmers". ... specialmethod init ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: How to organize Python files in a (relatively) big project
    ... storing your scripts without the problem of breaking the import statements. ... Python script it must reach before you split it into two separate files, ... management system can really help in anticipating it at that point. ... > like the advice of more experienced python programmers. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • A Pythonic Way to Measure and Improve Your Programming Skills?
    ... Those who know me know I am no fan of the programmer certification industry and I agree that your typical certificate arrangement, e.g. to show HR to get that box checked in your candidate file, so a company can skip responsibility in vetting a candidate, is un-Pythonic. ... However, I do think we need a good answer to the engineering manager or team leader who asks, "how do I know this person knows Python?", and to the candidate who thinks, "I believe I'm good at Python but am I as good as I think?". ... We all run into or are programmers who think they are hot-stuff, especially those of us who work solo as many in our community do, but when put side-by-side against others, fall a bit short. ...
    (comp.lang.python)