Re: Parser generators for a simple language form. How?

"Jon Harrop" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Alex Fraser wrote:
> > "Jon Ripley" <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> Alex Fraser wrote:
> > [snip]
> >>
> >> The parsers are currently implemented in 100% hand coded BBC BASIC.
> >
> > Have you considered converting them directly to C?
>
> I really wouldn't recommend that. At _least_ use a language with GC and
> native strings.

A language with native strings would help to some extent - that's part of
why I suggested C++ as an alternative to C in the bit you have snipped.

However, I don't think GC would be of any benefit whatsoever when converting
code from BBC BASIC. (Writing a parser from scratch is a different matter.)

Alex

.