Re: Copyright and addons or comercial GUI for a GPL software

They are PERL scripts.
My application will handle the configuration files used by this
scripts. I will still use the application to check them but the config
files will be generated by my application easier and using a friendly
interface..

The PERL scripts have a builtin function to check the config files
before to start runnig. I will use that function.
The appliances that are using the Linux Kernel do the same.
Applications like firewall and routers or IDSes use the Linux Kernel
as a low level support (basically the OS).

Have a look at this
http://www.figuiere.net/hub/blog/?2004/12/28/38-linux-on-linksys-routers

They used GPL software for this.
Cisco IDS does the same. The IDS is much more complex than the Linksys
toy. A lot of good network appliances have migrated to a Linux Kernel
lately.

.