Re: How much should I charge for fixed-price software contract?

blmblm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> (I can also say that I'm getting a whole new perspective from his
> posts on my own tendency to rant when things don't work with text
> browsers, or when people send me things in MS Office formats, or
> otherwise assume that all the world uses <whatever's popular and
> new>.)

Ranting doesn't appear to be worth the effort, since nobody listens anyway.
I'm trying out a new strategy, which is that of completely ignoring the
existence of any attachment I can't read easily. So far, it seems to be
working.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

  • Re: How much should I charge for fixed-price software contract?
    ... Richard Heathfield writes: ... >> posts on my own tendency to rant when things don't work with text ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: No DAB in my area-When?
    ... you're the idiot who made a fool of himself on the "More BBC Radio ... Unfortunately the posts by some other people in ... On the subject of ranting, I would say that I used to rant a bit, but not ... vindicated by DAB+ being designed (i.e. they've done what I've said they ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: OMG H*****ts again
    ... You are not adding to the helmet debate in one iota in this current (or even other posts on this very over indulged topic.) ... So now I have had my rant -- and I know that my white charger is similarly large at times. ... I have had so much support on all sorts of subjects on this group (and not just from the recent traumatic experience and I was very hesitant in posting -- but totally gob smacked by responses). ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: Mamillian Ear evolution
    ... ears is good evidence for its phylogeny from fish ancestors, ... to a personal rant against someone. ... personal attack in any of my posts. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: The Guardian
    ... this little UKPM ghetto. ... I don't rant on about Jewish conspiracies either. ... The only person on this group who rants on about Jews accuses even the mildest of left wing people of being Jew-haters if the content of her posts and her 'right' to post them is questioned. ... You might note that I am not in the habit of using offensive language on this 'ghetto' newsgroup, ...
    (uk.politics.misc)