Re: How much should I charge for fixed-price software contract?

Chris Sonnack <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Richard Heathfield writes:
>
>>> Some of it, I'm sure, is a general corporate conservativeness. The
>>> internet was a "new fangled thang" until fairly recently. (You can get
>>> away with that when the company is 100+ years old and had 20 billion USD
>>> in sales last year. :-)
>>
>> I am fairly sure HTML pre-dates PDF.
>
> Is it? I'm not so sure, but I don't really have a clue. Be interesting
> to check into, though, 'cause now I'm curious!

According to the first hits on Google for "HTML history" and "PDF
history", HTML dates from 1989 and PDF dates from 1991.
--
"Mon peu de succhs prhs des femmes est toujours venu de les trop aimer."
--Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  • Re: Jargons of Info Tech industry
    ... What an HTML interpreter does by _design_ is not in the same category ... I'm talking about what HTML is designed to do, which is to describe a presentation ... IMO pdf comes close. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: A prediction about the Presidential campaign
    ... easily done in straight HTML. ... There aren't any fonts that automatically use that ligature whenever ... I'm not a font designer. ... Easy in PDF: I just tell my graphing program to spit out ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Editors
    ... >> and simply split up the big HTML version Randy's already got? ... in something easier to browse than PDF files...to the point that both ... which about a decade ago now - Microsoft switched to these CHM files, ... RTF files don't come into this and would prove more horrible than what ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Please Help! (Mail merge e-mailing with images in Body)
    ... Well the PDF way does not sound like what I want to do, ... I'll likely just go back to sending e-mails without images ... > an html merge with graphics to e-mail worked as you intended. ... > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: KDE-Doku drucken?
    ... | It supports converting from DocBook XML to DVI, XSL-FO, HTML (multiple ... | pages), HTML, man page, PDF, PostScript, and plain text. ... | supports converting from XSL-FO to DVI, ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.apps.kde)