Re: How much should I charge for fixed-price software contract?

Chris Sonnack <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Richard Heathfield writes:
>>> Some of it, I'm sure, is a general corporate conservativeness. The
>>> internet was a "new fangled thang" until fairly recently. (You can get
>>> away with that when the company is 100+ years old and had 20 billion USD
>>> in sales last year. :-)
>> I am fairly sure HTML pre-dates PDF.
> Is it? I'm not so sure, but I don't really have a clue. Be interesting
> to check into, though, 'cause now I'm curious!

According to the first hits on Google for "HTML history" and "PDF
history", HTML dates from 1989 and PDF dates from 1991.
"Mon peu de succhs prhs des femmes est toujours venu de les trop aimer."
--Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Jargons of Info Tech industry
    ... What an HTML interpreter does by _design_ is not in the same category ... I'm talking about what HTML is designed to do, which is to describe a presentation ... IMO pdf comes close. ...
  • Re: Editors
    ... >> and simply split up the big HTML version Randy's already got? ... in something easier to browse than PDF the point that both ... which about a decade ago now - Microsoft switched to these CHM files, ... RTF files don't come into this and would prove more horrible than what ...
  • Re: A prediction about the Presidential campaign
    ... easily done in straight HTML. ... There aren't any fonts that automatically use that ligature whenever ... I'm not a font designer. ... Easy in PDF: I just tell my graphing program to spit out ...
  • Re: Please Help! (Mail merge e-mailing with images in Body)
    ... Well the PDF way does not sound like what I want to do, ... I'll likely just go back to sending e-mails without images ... > an html merge with graphics to e-mail worked as you intended. ... > Word MVP web site ...
  • Re: reinventing the pdf wheel
    ... Yeah - tha's why I suggested using word to print HTML documents. ... about pdf generation, your suggestion has probably already been found less ... WTF would you make such a suggestion. ...