Re: How much should I charge for fixed-price software contract?

Chris Sonnack wrote:

> Chris Sonnack writes:
>
>> From lurking the thread between you and Gerry, it seems unclear to
>> what extent the USA was targeted by sales of the product. From that,
>> my sense is the issue isn't as clear cut as you present it.
>
> Let me add something.
>
> If a terrorist, from the safety of a country that says it's legal,
> makes a strike against England, do the Brits have the right to
> arrest him for crimes against England, should that person ever
> set foot on your soil?

Not as far as I'm aware, no - unless perhaps a state of war were to exist
between England and that foreign country. But of course I am not a lawyer.
That, however, is my best guess.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

  • Re: Five Suggestions for proposed England-only national anthem
    ... There'll always be an England ... The empire too, ... before and during the war? ... Today it would be like touring a foreign country. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Five Suggestions for proposed England-only national anthem
    ... There'll always be an England ... The empire too, ... Today it would be like touring a foreign country. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: having trouble with OpenOffice
    ... Tonight I finally took the bull by the horns and got OpenOffice installed. ... In fact, the only way to consider me as being bilingual is something of a matter of mental gymnastics because English is spoken in England and to me, England is a foreign country. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Floods
    ... Nobody gave a solitary toss when the severe and exceptional weather conditions were battering Scotland. ... Correct, foreign country, nothing to do with anyone in England but it never ... mong' Simpson reporting in England on English news, ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)