Re: GNU Public Licences Revisited (again)
- From: Willem <willem@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:22:49 +0000 (UTC)
) No, you loose if you were dumb enough to pick such a product when it didn't
) fulfill all of your needs from the outset - particularly if there were
) alternatives. This would be the case if you choose open source or closed
) source - remember that the vast majority of sotware users have no idea how
) to program (or even how to use a product to its full potential).
This comparison lacks, because in the case of open source, you can find
another company willing to support the OSS you bought from one company.
In the case of closed source, the only company able to give you support
is the company you bought the CSS from in the first place, and if that
company turns out to be bad in whatever way, you're screwed.
Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for any of the statements
made in the above text. For all I know I might be
drugged or something..
No I'm not paranoid. You all think I'm paranoid, don't you !
- Prev by Date: Re: do serious programmers have a life?
- Next by Date: cvs
- Previous by thread: Re: GNU Public Licences Revisited (again)
- Next by thread: Re: GNU Public Licences Revisited (again)