Re: GNU Public Licences Revisited (again)

Joe wrote:
) No, you loose if you were dumb enough to pick such a product when it didn't
) fulfill all of your needs from the outset - particularly if there were
) alternatives. This would be the case if you choose open source or closed
) source - remember that the vast majority of sotware users have no idea how
) to program (or even how to use a product to its full potential).

This comparison lacks, because in the case of open source, you can find
another company willing to support the OSS you bought from one company.

In the case of closed source, the only company able to give you support
is the company you bought the CSS from in the first place, and if that
company turns out to be bad in whatever way, you're screwed.

SaSW, Willem
drugged or something..
#EOT

  • Re: The future of Ada is at risk
    ... Most companies left in 1998 when the DOD killed the "Ada Law". ... Most Ada projects are not for open source community and will ... it lacks proper support and implementation on a variety of platforms. ... Most programmer use a Desktop that they like ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: File transfer from Linux to Win XP over USB - basic questions
    ... :> The whole appeal of open source is the ability to fork and branch. ... :>> a modified version that we haven't even seen, how can we support it? ... actual software developers, but for people who have to keep up with the ...
    (comp.protocols.kermit.misc)
  • Re: The future of Ada is at risk
    ... Most companies left in 1998 when the DOD killed the "Ada Law". ... Most Ada projects are not for open source community and will ... platforms. ... Free support is always limited! ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: 100% Open Source Job Opportunities???
    ... Sun is by far the least offensive because of Java and their intention to finally release Java as open source. ... I would love to see them go on a massive global learning campaign in support of learning the language. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Why has the Metrowerks sign been taken down?
    ... > Not on the Mac. ... > of open source software and only a tiny percentage of open source ... but they do little to support your assertion ... This is software by geeks for geeks. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.programmer.codewarrior)