Re: Is programming gender biased?

Scott wrote:
) If anything, I have found the opposite. If you want a real cultural bias
) in our industry, look at the very poor rate at which women get promoted
) to management.

You may want to recall the Dilbert strip that explains who gets promoted
to management and who doesn't. To paraphrase: you only get promoted if
your current position isn't critical to the success of the company.
Therefore, only the ignorant/stupid/useless ones get promoted.

SaSW, Willem
drugged or something..
#EOT

  • Re: Big 3 blows it again, Japs eating their lunch
    ... It would be hard to determine whether unuin labor or stupid management ... is the bigger problem in the American automotive industry. ... the ignorant consumers will buy the most popular sellers, ... much competition because people take the time to try out different ...
    (rec.autos.makers.chrysler)
  • Re: Mr Palin earns every dollar . . .
    ... Violations that have killed American workers. ... bit about the industry, I'd say it's likely he was sorta looked at, at least by ... As to "safety violations," I know a fair number of people in all phases of the ... "management" doesn't care in the least for any of the workers (which I know not ...
    (rec.outdoors.fishing.fly)
  • Re: I get it
    ... > the important upper-medium level management in the company and gives ... There's a brain-freeze in our industry whereby people are locking themselves ... language> ensures there's a pool of employable people available to draw ... it's a programmable programming language. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: The Lady is not for Spurning
    ... in the hands of the trade unions and some town halls in the hands of ... She gave the management of industry back to the managers whilst at the ... extravagances of the town halls. ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: status of my employment
    ... people (in industry) and tell them that I need a job. ... The situation is that my management discouraged me from ... Plan B is an insurance policy in case you find yourself out on the street. ... What have you got to lose when you contract coming to an end anyway? ...
    (sci.research.careers)