Re: College

Ben Pfaff wrote:
blmblm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

(I have no idea why you think the top schools are Republican,
by the way.  It could be that the administrators are
politically conservative, but it's my impression that the
majority of faculty types at most US colleges and universities
are more left-leaning.  <shrug> )

Stanford and Berkeley are definitely left-leaning.

<OT>
I think you will find that the better schools with the better educated personnel tend to find that rabid rightism is an anathema. There are always exceptions.

Meanwhile Bush is insulated against impeachment for lying, illegal actions, imperialism, etc. by the impossibility of his replacement.
</OT/>

  • Re: Ph Balancing (steph)
    ... madiba wrote: ... Bottom line if someone comes here with a thought or idea let the ... majority decide if it is something that they are willing to try or not ... Ignorant people oppose anything that isn't tried and true ...
    (sci.med.diseases.cancer)
  • Question about the C-Reference manual
    ... At the bottom of page 254 there is the following code fragment: ... above gives the impression that even when an expression is undefined ... have an appropriate newsgroups line in your header for your mail to be seen, ...
    (comp.lang.c.moderated)
  • Re: why add script-tag in header section ?
    ... javascript at the bottom. ... giving the wrong impression of faster loading. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: One Festival I Stay Far Away From!
    ... the majority of replies posted in the "comment" section link at the bottom ... pretty much sums up public sentiment. ...
    (alt.fan.howard-stern)
  • Re: Hands up who wants a rangie now?
    ... nice flat field at the bottom in to brake in. ... You'd just about make the turn before you hit the ... got the impression that they really lived the journey and bonded with the ...
    (uk.rec.cars.modifications)