Re: Languages with no reserved words?

randyhow...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Is that versioning info in the include file name?

Most of the language definitions (statements, operators, types, ... )
are defined in "seed7_05.s7i". This makes "seed7_05.s7i" special.
Without
it, it would not be Seed7. A different language or a new version
of Seed7 could be defined in a another include file. So it is really a
versioning info in the include file name.

You can see it this way:
The programmer informs the interpreter (or compiler) which version
of the language he is using (Currently there is just one version).

Hopefully this does not stop you to take a closer look.

Greetings Thomas Mertes

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed7
Project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7

  • Re: Statically AND Dynamically Typed Language ??
    ... You can use LGPL librarys in your programs. ... many other individuals are earning a living from their own language ... The developers do Seed7 as a hobby. ... Different distros are different operating systems (with some ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: Program compression
    ... guess that C is your favorite language. ... I will use this list as checklist for Seed7 features. ... areas) it is necessary to use driver libraries to compensate the OS ... The Seed7 compiler just needs to create a library ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Syntax for user-defined infix operators
    ... Seed7 supports subtypes of integers and floats also. ... "ambiguity" is a language term. ... Ada than seems to be in Seed7. ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: Embedding assembler in a language
    ... With Seed7 I try to avoid portability pitfalls. ... improving language or implementation they offer a backdoor. ... compilers beating hand-coded assembler, that I rewrote the core of my ... Seed7 supports Linux/unix/bsd, Mac OS X and Windows (using MinGW, ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: Developing new language
    ... This is one list of language features. ... and this is what Seed7 does. ... a language should support only one of them. ... uses the hard way of writing driver librarys. ...
    (comp.lang.misc)