Re: Transfer data between processes

Henk van Winkoop wrote:
I think, thats why mutexes were invented to synchronize processes that
cannot be synchronised by using variables due to this interrupt-trickyness.
But I still do not like my AP being slowed down.

So the principal problem is: how to transport data between a master-process
and a slave-processes without delaying the master-process.

How or what should I use to solve this problem? I thought a lot about it but
still cannot find a reliable method.

When synchronization is required then it inherently must delay one process to avoid accessing invalid data. There are efficient methods (such as the InterlockedIncrement API) to prevent interruption of an index update, but they really do the same thing as a mutex: delay one process when necessary to assure data integrity.

In the case you described (a 2400 baud ring buffer) the synchronization delay should be unnoticable. A synchronized increment is far faster than your data rate.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

  • Re: What is the problem with this ?
    ... The synchronization is done by delay matching at the critical ... Sometimes a transparent latch can eliminate a full clock of pipeline ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: What is the problem with this ?
    ... The synchronization is done by delay matching at the critical ... Xilinx' rules/technoloy/software hates latches. ... Sometimes a transparent latch can eliminate a full clock of pipeline ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Multiple User Uplink timeing Sync.
    ... synchronization occur in up link of scfdma since if any one of the user ... First, would you care to get down from the tree, learn how to wear pants ... tracks the turnaround delay. ... The timing is adjusted so the packets from ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: Transfer data between processes
    ... I'll try to implement the Mutex. ... So the principal problem is: how to transport data between a ... When synchronization is required then it inherently must delay one ... In the case you described the synchronization ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Transfer data between processes
    ... I'll try to implement the Mutex. ... executing the resource access code? ... When synchronization is required then it inherently must delay one ... In the case you described the synchronization ...
    (comp.programming)