Re: find a number

Mark P:

There's also a cute algorithm for this problem which runs in linear
time, uses constant space, and performs no arithmetic computations on
the array elements.

In theory ;)
For example X==Y only seems to not do arithmetics ;)
X+Y or X-Y vs X==Y make no difference for real.

--
Sc0rpi0
I hated going to weddings.

  • Re: find a number
    ... On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Mark P wrote: ... There's also a cute algorithm for this problem which runs in linear time, uses constant space, and performs no arithmetic computations on the array elements. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: find a number
    ... time, uses constant space, and performs no arithmetic computations on the array elements. ... because the original problem states this restriction: ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: find a number
    ... Mark P wrote: ... time, uses constant space, and performs no arithmetic computations on ... the array elements. ...
    (comp.programming)