Re: Group FAQ, specifically, 'dangerous' functions

Randy Howard wrote:
Arthur J. O'Dwyer wrote

--- newbies generally don't start with assembly languages!

They used to. :-)

Not necessarily. My first program was in machine language, by
entering 1's and 0's via sense switches into an SDS 810, circa
1963. Assembly was advanced stuff. That's if you exclude hard
wired machinery, which were programmed with a soldering iron.

  • Re: [SLE] 9.3 Ships!
    ... >> supercomputer directly in machine language, and in octal code at that. ... once upon a time machine language was all you had. ... I wrote my first program in machine code. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: To Richard Heathfield: enoughs enough
    ... > Gee, that's amusing, given that my first program was written in ... I was not in diapers in 1971. ... As for it being amusing, ... you do know the difference between machine language and assembly ...
    (comp.programming)