Re: Is there a comprehensible on-line reference?

* osmium:

Good luck on the coroutines, they are nice. But I don't know what high level, readily available, languages support them.

Modula-2 supported coroutines, so I guess Modula-2 and Oberon also do.

There is at least one coroutine library for Java, based on Java threads: restricting a thread to act like a coroutine simplifies many things.

There used to be a number of coroutine libraries for C and C++ (I made one myself), based on e.g. longjmp + a few assembly instructions.

The old Windows 16-bit API treated each "task" (instance of a program) as a coroutine, except for DOS-boxes.

Modern Windows supports co-routines directly and calls them "fibers".