Re: I'm searching for a my first version control system

ruherflo@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
thank you alan and toby for your quick and very useful answers.
I choose subversion. I'm sure

Now I have another question:
Subversion always requires a server like Apache? Is there any
possibility that all of control version system be in local machine or
in a portable hard disk?

I make that question because I dont have a server. If it's necessary,
is there any kind of free server which gives that kind of services?

thanks a lot again

If you look at the book (starting from the reference that Alan gave: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/index.es.html), go to section 6 and then look at the svnserve section. That's a stand-alone server that manages your repository (or repositories).

Phil.
.