Re: A fast way to judge an anagram

Chris Uppal wrote:
BTW, how did you find the AAAAAAAAAJOV / BBBBBBCCCCEE example ?

I started with something like
foreach n (55130{0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9}
{0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9}{0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9})
factor $n
end
though only to get several thousand results (not 55 million!) then did
grep -v ":.*[0-9][0-9][0-9]"
to get rid of factors too big (accidentally excluding Z=101 as well).
The resulting file could have been awk'ed to find adjacent numbers,
but I found it easier to write a quick C program (taking care not to
let
the "gets() dangerous" message bother me :-).

Quickly browsing through the final results I spotted one where the
"false
anagrams" had equal numbers of (smallish) symbols.

James

  • Re: Keeping chickens
    ... I am getting rid of a lot ... > Doesn't sound as though you care much for your hens if you can just get ... will be found new homes with caring people who want pekins. ... diets and not caring if they die and throwing them in the dustbin. ...
    (sci.agriculture.poultry)
  • Re: Once Brittan is no longer a nuclear power
    ... You want to get rid of "Brittan" but you're happy to keep France, ... don't really care who replaces them so long as they're "useful" - which ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: Spam mail addressed to other addresses
    ... Where's the negative inference in your declaration? ... get rid of them? ... If you don't care about being humane, are you asking which traps are ...
  • Re: Replacing BIND with unbound (Was: Re: Pull in upstream before 9.1 code freeze?)
    ... While I completely agree with you reasons, and I do think that in an ... Linux has `nscd` which is a nice caching resolver, ... I could care less about the resolver daemon itself, ... But getting rid of dig and host in base would be bad. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: Kobe is the bomb
    ... orbiker wrote: ... everyone take that and turn it into a get rid of Fisher screed? ... Most of don't care if he stays, just get him on the bench ... Yeah and if I had Odom's talent I wouldn't have missed that dunk. ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)