Re: Any good debugger!!!???

aamir wrote:
Hi,

I want to debug my program and I am using Valgrind. It is pretty easy
to use but I was just wondering which is the most commonly used
debugger ? Which one is easier to use?

Thanks
Aamir

gdb i good. If you have the money, i recommend Purify for run time issues like memory leaks, buffer overwrites, etc.

  • Re: Any good debugger!!!???
    ... aamir wrote: ... I want to debug my program and I am using Valgrind. ... seems to be gdb, possibly with a graphical wrapper. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Segmentation fault/memory corruption in TclpAlloc()
    ... fork on github ... server process is somehow throwing valgrind off. ... the error and debug under plain tcl. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Info about MALLOCTYPE & MALLOCDEBUG (AIX 5.3.0)
    ... on AIX i am not very much comfortable (valgrind is not for AIX) ... to debug invalid mem r/w? ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Problems with valgrind
    ... I have been using valgrind to debug a program I have written in C++ and ... it has been very helpful in eliminating memory errors/leaks. ... just recently discovered a bug and from what I can see it looks like ... when I run it through valgrind no ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)