End-of-line on the Mac?
- From: "Alf P. Steinbach" <alfps@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 07:43:19 +0200
I don't have a Mac (I'm going to, it's the future, but not for now).
I've seen end-of-line on the Mac described as '\r' (C syntax).
But now, with OS/X being *nix-based, is it still that way, or is it now
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
- Re: GETPIVOTTABLE incompatibility between WIN EXCEL 03 & MAC EXCEL 08
... it is indeed a bug: the syntax is backwards. ... the Windows version. ... The Mac syntax is: ... Excel 2007 can use the reverse syntax of the Mac version, ...
- Re: Safari parse error has me stumped
... Firefox and Camino worked just ... Mac IE had problems, but I have decided to ignore that ... var stat, person; ... Yup, old Safari doesn't like that syntax for accessing form controls when used on the left-hand side of an assignment, althought it is OK with it used on the right hand side hence no error with the initialisation of stat and person. ...
- PIVOT DATA TABLES EXCEL 2004 VS EXCEL 2003 FOR WINDOWS
... It is interesting because the MAC Syntax in Windows works. ... MICROSOFT EXCEL 2003 FOR WINDOWS ...
- Re: how to find a port number
... from a IP or MAC address? ... The syntax I use is "show ip arp a.b.c.d". ... Note - If it is an IOS based switch, ...
- GETPIVOTDATA syntax is not consitstant between Excel 08 and 07
... The Windows syntax is ... The Mac syntax is: ... Excel 2007 does understand the reverse syntax of the Mac version, ...