Re: End-of-line on the Mac?

Rob Thorpe wrote:

To make things even more confusing many *nix and Mac programs will accept
Windows line ending because they are so common. Some Windows programs
accept *nix line endings too.

The only thing in all of computing that's stupider than some Win32
programs continuing to treat \n without \r as an input bug...

....is Apple's early decision to end lines on the Mac with \r.

The magnitude of this blatant idiocy ... there just aren't words.

And the result, instead of fixing the problem in their corporate sources -
is endless hacks and "features" in all our tools, just to deal with these
inconveniences in different and incompatible ways...

--
Phlip

  • Re: End-of-line on the Mac?
    ... Windows line ending because they are so common. ... Some Windows programs ... accept *nix line endings too. ... The only thing in all of computing that's stupider than some Win32 ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: End-of-line on the Mac?
    ... Some Windows programs ... accept *nix line endings too. ... The only thing in all of computing that's stupider than some Win32 ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Extending Print Dialog
    ... > Is it possible to modify the print dialog box that appears when a user ... > Is it possible to make this modification so that all Windows programs ... > I have done some reading on extending the common dialog controls from ... > common dialog box that all progams use. ...
  • Re: Tall narrow letters
    ... common to the MS Office series but not available to all Windows programs. ... fonts available in Word will be available in all Windows programs. ... > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)