Re: Perl is a poorly understood language ?

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:30:49 +0000
Jon Harrop <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know Perl but my interpretation is that it is not a general
purpose programming language but, rather, a DSL for string munging. I've

You clearly don't know perl :)

never heard of a significant project written in Perl which, I believe, is
because Perl is designed for writing disposable code.

Perl is a general purpose language and it has been used for
significant projects (I've been involved in doing so). Doing so requires
discipline and careful attention to design but can be very effective.

Perl is also very handy for disposable code :)

--
C:>WIN | Directable Mirror Arrays
.