Re: Why is recursion useful?

Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 10:35:01 -0500
Logan Shaw <lshaw-usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
On 17 Mar 2007 00:17:47 -0700
"user923005" <dcorbit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now that we have 64 bit CPUs going mainstream, and soon to follow 64
bit operating systems,
Huh there have been 64 bit operating systems for many years now,
even for commodity (PC) hardware.
I read that as:

Now that we have 64 bit CPUs going mainstream, and soon to

I thought 64 bit CPUs had been mainstream since the AMD64 started
mass marketing. I've been seeing them in supermarkets for some time now.

Well, I guess what it depends on what you mean by mainstream. If you mean
"you can buy them in any regular store", then 64-bit CPUs have been
mainstream for a few years now. But if you mean "most people have a 64-bit
CPU in their machine, and you can assume the process is 64-bit when you
write your software", they are only just starting to be mainstream.

- Logan
.