CPU temperature monitoring in C++?

Hi,
There isn't much helpful articles on the net and i wonder how i can
create very simple application which monitors "CPU" temp.

I know the best way to retrieve the temp value from mobo's sensor chip
organized in ACPI or SMBIOS.

How should i start this?

Thank you.

  • Re: FX 60 HSF and Case Recommendation
    ... cpu temps. ... Antec minitower (front and back 120 fans and one side 90 fan) ... One trick to bringing the case temp down, ... number might represent a typical cheap heatsink. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Whats an acceptable temp increase when overclocking?
    ... that it is the likely source of the BIOS and Probe CPU temp readings. ... other temperature sensors. ... DTS measures relative temperature - a reading of -20C from the sensor ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Whats an acceptable temp increase when overclocking?
    ... that it is the likely source of the BIOS and Probe CPU temp readings. ... other temperature sensors. ... DTS measures relative temperature - a reading of -20C from the sensor ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: System lock ups possibly due to heat
    ... Do a Google for Rightmark CPU Clock Utility ... My core 2 duo with an aftermarket Thermalright Cooler and 120mm fan never goes above 55 running stress test for hours. ... The room temp also comes into play as the Northbridge could be getting too hot and causing your shutdown...try taking the ... Your CPU temperature under load seems high to me, so consider removing, then ...
  • Re: computer keeps crashing
    ... "fox one" and noticed that cpu was slowly rising from 48C to 58C. ... Since I couldnt tell whether it was the mem sticks or the cpu temp ... but now Im begining to wonder if this cooler is sufficient. ... the reviews to see what kind of performance the customers got. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)