Re: Question of the software develpment cycle

On 29 Jun, 03:11, Chad <cdal...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is inexperience. Bear with me.

I recently release a program on sourceforge. However, I noticed that I
made a bonehead coding error. The error doesn't lead to a bug, it just
slows the code down a bit. So, after I correct the coding error, do I
just change the version number from 1.0 to 1.1?

Just curious because I just sort of feel stupid putting in the logs "I
made a correction to the code after someone started to clue me in on
if else flow."

Chad

How about re-phrasing it as "Use improved algorithm" ?

Paul.

  • Re: About VC# 2005 express "error list"
    ... But in VC# 2005 express, if there's a coding error, usually you see ... This wouldn't be a bug; you just need to turn the feature on. ... But it is a possibility, and if it turns out that there's no user setting to control that behavior, I'd say that the lack of the real-time error display is a consequence of an intentional design difference between the two versions. ...
  • Re: Issue with Open(unit,STATUS=SCRATCH, iostat = ios)
    ... bug ??? ... You do have one coding error. ... the offending unit advances to unit=46, ... be hitting some kind of upper limit at 26 open scratch files. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Question of the software develpment cycle
    ... made a bonehead coding error. ... The error doesn't lead to a bug, ... slows the code down a bit. ... So, after I correct the coding error, do I ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Question of the software develpment cycle
    ... made a bonehead coding error. ... The error doesn't lead to a bug, ... slows the code down a bit. ... So, after I correct the coding error, do I ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Question of the software develpment cycle
    ... The error doesn't lead to a bug, ... slows the code down a bit. ... So, after I correct the coding error, do I ... How about re-phrasing it as "Use improved algorithm"? ...
    (comp.programming)