Re: To Richard Heathfield from spinoza1111

In article <86e0a732-877a-4034-98c7-b06c11f8eb1b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, spinoza1111 <spinoza1111@xxxxxxxxx> writes
you blame
the victims of the mess that has been made of C since unethical
standardization committees got their greasy paws on it in the 1990s.

So you feel Herbert Schildt is unethical? After all, he says (at <http://www.herbschildt.com/abouths.htm>):

He was a member of the original ANSI committee that standardized the
C language in 1989, and he was a member of the ANSI/ISO committee
that updated that standard in 1999.

Now, I only got involved in the 1990s, but I don't ever recall seeing him at a meeting of the ISO committee that produced C94 and C99 (the ANSI committee being a rubber-stamp body by that time).

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home: <clive@xxxxxxxxxx>
Tel: +44 20 8495 6138 (work) | Web: <http://www.davros.org>

  • Re: To Richard Heathfield from spinoza1111
    ... Schildt was an observer member, seems to be the conclusion, confirmed, ... he was on the committee. ... The matter was CLOSED in the C++ standardization group in 1999 as it ... Then why are you enabling a lie, to wit that Herb makes a false claim? ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: To Richard Heathfield from spinoza1111
    ... standardization committees got their greasy paws on it in the 1990s. ... him at a meeting of the ISO committee that produced C94 and C99 (the ... Most real programmers are more or less stuck with ... Microsoft hardware and Microsoft hardware, ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: To Richard Heathfield from spinoza1111
    ... standardization committees got their greasy paws on it in the 1990s. ... him at a meeting of the ISO committee that produced C94 and C99 (the ... didn't go to actual meetings and worked from home. ... by serving corporations and not the public ...
    (comp.programming)
  • [9fans] ISO C and typestr
    ... Has anyone presented the 9c extension typestr to the C standardization ... I see that various vendors have let the committee know about their ... extensions, both to offer directions for future standardization and to ...
    (comp.os.plan9)
  • Re: BN Motion at the AGM
    ... A person who is a member of a committee, ... he sends written dissent to the secretary of the meeting before the ... abstain - vote against the motion and make sure the vote is recorded. ...
    (uk.rec.naturist)