Re: hard-coded program for 3x3 matrix square root?

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 21:32:52 -0700, "huhua" <lunamoonmoon@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi all,

I need a matrix square root function in C/C++.

I only need it for 3x3 matrix, so I decide to find some hard-coded piece of
program, instead of using some numerical library, because then I have to
learn some new API and how to link and how to use stuff.

To avoid the trouble, I think a 3x3 hard-coded program is sufficient for me.
That's to say, given M a 3x3 matrix, I want to find M^(0.5) in C/C++.

Any place I can find some simple matrix square root function? I don't want
to use those huge library, because compiling them and try to make them work
will talke a while... for example, I have tried compiling CALAPACK... it
seemed very complicated...

Any thoughts on that?

How about using a nested loop and sqrt function?

  • Re: Looking for C/C++ code for matrix sqrt function?
    ... I am looking for a good implementation of matrix square root function, ... library in C# and it is certainly a very impressive product, ... If your code really must be in C rather than Fortran then you could try the ...
    (comp.programming)
  • hard-coded program for 3x3 matrix square root?
    ... Any place I can find some simple matrix square root function? ... I have tried compiling CALAPACK... ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Looking for C/C++ code for matrix sqrt function?
    ... I am looking for a good implementation of matrix square root function, ... Try my website. ... There's a matrix square root incorporated into the Kabsch algorithm for root mean squared distance. ... Free games and programming goodies. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: hard-coded program for 3x3 matrix square root?
    ... How about using a nested loop and sqrt function? ... Matrix square root is not the same as applying sqrt to individual elements. ... Thus, you need to diagonalize the matrix, to do so you need to compute ... which will in turn boil down to solving a 3rd degree polynomial. ...
    (comp.programming)