Re: Parallel building/compiling
- From: Ian Collins <ian-news@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:08:28 +1300
On Mar 30, 3:00 pm, Ian Collins <ian-n...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:In my case, C and C++ applications. Many applications with more source
Are there 'build farms', like 'render farms'?Yes, I use one. Some tools (I use Sun dmake) provide support for
distributed as well as parallel building.
Parallel building is building more
than one target on the same machine, which is what the gnu make -J
Distributed building is what I was thinking of.
What do you (and others, please feel free to chime in)
make on the farm? Something complex, I would imagine.
If you don't mind my asking, of course.
files than one node can build in parallel benefit form distributed
- Prev by Date: Re: Parallel building/compiling
- Next by Date: How to find closest point(s) around a specific point in point cloud?
- Previous by thread: Re: Parallel building/compiling
- Next by thread: How to find closest point(s) around a specific point in point cloud?