Re: Parallel building/compiling

Tarkin wrote:
On Mar 30, 3:00 pm, Ian Collins <ian-n...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tarkin wrote:

Are there 'build farms', like 'render farms'?
Yes, I use one. Some tools (I use Sun dmake) provide support for
distributed as well as parallel building.

Parallel building is building more
than one target on the same machine, which is what the gnu make -J
option does.

Ahhh...I see.

Distributed building is what I was thinking of.
Amazing.

What do you (and others, please feel free to chime in)
make on the farm? Something complex, I would imagine.
If you don't mind my asking, of course.

In my case, C and C++ applications. Many applications with more source
files than one node can build in parallel benefit form distributed
building.

--
Ian Collins.
.