Simple Graphics Coding

I would like to produce a number of maps with customized pushpins. I
do not need to embedded this into an application, however I need to
produce many more than I can manually construct. I was hoping someone
could recommend a simple application or programming environment to
work in. I have been thinking that if I get a background map image,
and then create a table of the pixel locations corresponding to map
locations, I would just need a program that given some sort of input
text file, created an image by placing a designated image on top of
the world map image at a designated pixel location.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

  • Re: Ozi Explorer on UK OS maps & GarTrip
    ... Lat/Long is parallel to the page, then used the cursor readout to ... calibrate the map with the Lat/Long readings corresponding to OS grid ... Ozi has 2 versions before registering. ... Cannot save map image to Bitmap file ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: Gpx files without time records?
    ... So that map image file will not work on any ... When the file system on the card ... map files, that I had prudently copied to disk. ... buy the mapping data on CD or DVD and upload the map images yourself. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: Capturing scanned map images to GIS
    ... GIF, to a GIS format. ... The objective is to take a map image and then overlay additional ... parish boundaries. ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)
  • Re: How do I create a Drawing.Region and add pixels to it?
    ... I read a map image which is filled with several uniquely colored homogeneous regions. ... All that said, if you do insist on using the Region class, examining each pixel individually, a couple of suggestions: ... Unless you know that each region on the map is a completely unique color, you still have a problem identifying individual regions, rather than getting some Region instance that contains two discontiguous areas. ...
  • Re: Simple Graphics Coding
    ... could recommend a simple application or programming environment to ... I have been thinking that if I get a background map image, ... and then create a table of the pixel locations corresponding to map ... the world map image at a designated pixel location. ...
    (comp.programming)