Solve (or code) once for all

Dear all,

I am currently exploring the idea of building a community, platform, a
knowledge base and various components so that we can archive "code/
solve once for all" in the programming and computing community. The
main intention is to promote knowledge sharing and leveraging
programmer's problem solving level. I just think problems recur (just
look at how design pattern applies) and that is why I think there is a
great potential to push forward our industry.

Is this the right group for such discussion? Or is there any other
group that this discussion should be in? (I post here because one of
the components is to have a standard extensive programming language)
Do you know of any research or projects with similar goal?

For IT industry, for the world. :-)

Cheers,
Timothy Chung
.