Re: parser

"Jon Harrop" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:_vqdnUofQ8c4cFrVnZ2dnUVZ8qXinZ2d@xxxxxxxxx
Bartc wrote:
"Jon Harrop" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
[ "while"; p=expr; "do"; b=expr; "od" ->

I have to take your word that this does what you say it does.

You can verify that it works for yourself:

Again, all I could see was an example for a trivial language.

But I came across this from:

"...10. Did I mention that Ocaml is fast? I wrote a compiler for
an actuarial financial modelling language in Ocaml, probably
10K lines of code, that would have been 20K or more in C++,..."

This 2:1 factor sounds more reasonable than your 10:1 claim, and is in line with your figures in another post.