Re: fast stable sort
- From: CBFalconer <cbfalconer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:22:09 -0500
subramanian100in@xxxxxxxxx, India wrote:... snip ...
Which sorting methods are stable? Among the stable sorting
methods, which method is both stable and fastest ?
For small arrays, insertion sort is usually fastest.
For large arrays, merge sort is usually fastest,
but it is not an in place sorting algorithm.
Insertion sort is much slower than mergesort.
Not for small arrays.
Mergesort for arrays is typically implemented using insertion
sort to sort the small partitions.
I have never bothered with such attempts, and never noticed any
[mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
Try the download section.
- Prev by Date: Re: fast stable sort
- Next by Date: Re: Bus/train timetable search algorithm
- Previous by thread: Re: fast stable sort
- Next by thread: Re: fast stable sort