Re: Red-black trees?

Jon Harrop wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:
Jon Harrop wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:
Mark Wooding wrote:
Jon Harrop <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

... snip ...

So arbitrarily-large hash tables are really bad all-round for
soft real-time apps in managed languages.

I don't write real-time code, so it's never bothered me. I am
enlightened. Thanks.

Nonsense. If the hash-table is properly designed, operations
are O(1), and size doesn't matter.

As I just explained, that is completely wrong.

But I have offered specific code modules to prove it. You
obviously have not bothered to examine it.

You offered no code here. You just chimed in with an incorrect claim.
Perhaps you meant to write "amortized".

Several times I have referenced my published hashlib library. The
published code include all you want. To ease access, see:

<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/hashlib.zip>

which can also be accessed by following my page, in the sig below.

Try the download section.
.