Re: Confused about programming tendency..

On Feb 19, 10:03 am, DocuMaker <documa...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Is this an acceptable programming strategy?

"Have final result or picture in mind (think of schema and that damn
date graph where you needed to get certain values to match), and then
code program until it looks that way or gets the answers you want??"

I don't like that strategy but I've used it twice and it solved
problems. There's a real problem with the solution... it doesn't seem
planned. Just "try this and try that" till FINALLY it works/looks the
way it needs to.

In all the frustration, I don't think I learned anything. I feel like
I *hacked* my own stuff just to get it to work!!! :-(

Well, it's acceptable in the sense of traditional programming,
since it's mostly an inherited habit of the original vacuum tube
and telephone line
programming.

But's it's why modern architectures where initiated to minimize the
need for that
type of "Hunt-and-Peck' type programmig.
Which is lot of the reason the researxh into stuff like optical
computers, laser disks,
fiber optics connectivity, embedded processors, holographic,
parallelization,
and self-testing, were even started.

  • Re: global interpreter lock
    ... >> The real problem is that the concurrency models available in currently ... It was the second most difficult programming task I've ... the real problem isn't threads per ... it's that the model for programming them in popular languages is ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Difference between Saturn emulator and EMU48
    ... bug or not. ... The "defensive programming" that I am, in this regard, suggesting, ... Note that there never was any "real problem to fix in the first place," ... rationalized by nearly brain dead political mouthpieces, ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)
  • Re: as small as possible
    ... >As a project of mine I have to do some C programming, ... >the real problem. ... >Are there any gidelines for this kind of thing? ... >where can I find thise kind of guidelines??? ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Curiousity: Order of Procedures
    ... but I wouldn't let it affect your programming that much. ... 'micro-tweaking' always involves tightly coupling code to a specific ... I always end up surprised at the real problem and ... So write a good logically clean app. ...
  • Re: bug in rem
    ... returned is due to roundoff error, but the real problem is different. ... values at some point in the routine. ... the programming issues were allowed to take precedence over what was ... what you have put into the 'rem' function input when you write the absurd ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)