Re: Efficient algorithm

<pushpakulkar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:
If I have a very large file containing simple string like "abc",
"bcd". What is the best
way/efficient way to find the occurrence of a particular string within
the file.

You might like to look at the FASTA algorithm.
Essentially it works by taking rare pairs in the search string and looking
for them in the target, where they can be-pre-indexed, to provide a list for
later exhaustive search.

  • Re: Efficient algorithm
    ... If I have a very large file containing simple string like "abc", ... "bcd". ... way/efficient way to find the occurrence of a particular string within ... I am more interested in the way I need to compare the strings within ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Efficient algorithm
    ... If I have a very large file containing simple string like "abc", ... "bcd". ... way/efficient way to find the occurrence of a particular string within ... I am more interested in the way I need to compare the strings within ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Execution of a full-text operation failed. A clause of the query contained only ignored words.
    ... Paul's search string from his initial posting including a long string of ... The above can be converted to a contains clause using the pubs table ... this is less about searching on noise words in the noise word ... Why would someone want to parse a search string to ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)
  • Re: two interesting data structure/algorithm questions
    ... for an arbitrary string and return the page numbers where this string ... In other words, for now, forget about the search string being able ... and so on in the inverted index instead of just the word "this". ...
    (comp.programming)
  • RE: Excel 2003 Macro to add text to front of data in cell
    ... search string that you enter is not the full content of a cell, ... A step would have to be designed to test each cell for the ... this macro would pass it. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)