Re: Artificial intelligence

Richard Heathfield wrote:
In <he51ll$fen$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, pointer wrote:

<snip>
Somehow i always wanted to avoid java...
It looks kinda strange, but i guess i should start with it :D
Why cant AI be made in c :(

If you can do it in Java, you can sure as eggs is eggs do it in C. Unfortunately, you can't do it in Java OR C, because Artificial Intelligence is pretty much defined as "task that we don't yet know how to do". The moment we discover how to implement an AI project, it suddenly becomes obvious that it isn't AI!

(By the same logic, it doesn't matter who you vote for, because the Government always seems to get in. Sometimes the winner is Conservative/Republican, and sometimes it's Labour/Democrat, but it's always Government!)

Having said that, there are some cool not-quite-AI things you can do - e.g. neural networks - and you can certainly do those in C.

well, i preety much agree with everything you said, and i would rather try certain things in c, but would that be a better way?
Would u advise me to do some not-quite-AI things in c or in java?

  • Re: Artificial intelligence
    ... If you can do it in Java, you can sure as eggs is eggs do it in C. ... Unfortunately, you can't do it in Java OR C, because Artificial ... Government always seems to get in. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Java ready for number crunching?
    ... mentioned yet, that I would very much like to see in Java, is the ability ... to handle objects without references. ... indirection for tight loops. ... Council on Foreign Relations endorces world government ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: ai without lisp
    ... >> my experience, students today know java, and nothing else. ... >going to throw computer science into a dark age. ... the party that says government doesn't work, and they get elected to prove ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Old Version of Firefox required
    ... I am trying to access a Government of Canada site and it will not run ... some java application because it says it is compatible with Firefox ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Artificial intelligence
    ... In, pointer wrote: ... Would u advise me to do some not-quite-AI things in c or in java? ...
    (comp.programming)