Re: need recommendation on win32 api book or site

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:37:22 +0100, Richard Heathfield wrote:

Owner wrote:
Can anyone recommend a web site or a book that concentrating
on stuffs like creating directories, files etc with win32
api in console?

I got the book "programming windows 5th ed." but it doesn't
talk about creating directories.

All I want to do with win32 console is manipulate directories
and files.

What's wrong with _mkdir()?

That's the stuff I was lookin for. Now is there Any book or
tutorial includes topic about _mkdir?

  • Re: Win32 TSR program skeleton
    ... Console programs are regular win32 programs, ... I need to write a TSR that does some periodical checks over another ... You should say that I can simple pipe the output to my app, but, ...
  • Re: linux to windows porting help
    ... Presently i am working on win32 console applications. ... PostThreadMessage - for Message queue between process and its ... donn have any windows handle so unable to use these functions... ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: need recommendation on win32 api book or site
    ... I got the book "programming windows 5th ed." but it doesn't ... All I want to do with win32 console is manipulate directories ... I just learned that _mkdir is part of C runtime library. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Change project type in VC6
    ... If you have a win32 windows application, it receives windows messages that have to be handled to respond to certain events to open and close files for example, or respond to button clicks. ... the idea behind most console applications is completely different: you start a console application with certain command line options, and then let the program do what it has to do and finish. ... ofcourse because the project type is wrong, its looking for a WinMain entry point during linking - and failing. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)
  • Re: trouble passing function pointer
    ... If you do not want to use the .NET framework, ... You have a CLR console application, ... If you use a win32 console application, I think the errors should go away ... I was just contemplating the win32 console template. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)