Re: "Why is it necessary to classify data according to its type in computer programming?"

In article <87wrt3cq0v.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Pascal J. Bourguignon <pjb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
blmblm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <blmblm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

In article <4nXZn.485$FH2.410@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Fred Nurk <albert.xtheunknown0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
blmblm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
<snip>
Would you mind identifying the textbook?
<snip>

You may buy it at http://au.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/
productCd-073140520X.html

Thanks ....

I was going to be snarky and say "why would I want to buy it?"
(given that based on the quoted excerpt I'm not very impressed),
but even if I wanted to apparently I couldn't! because when
I point a browser at the above link I get a page that tells me
this:

"This product is not currently available for purchase from this
website."

Maybe availability depends on geographic area? I am in the US,
and the URL suggests Australia.

Oops. I wasn't aware that UPS didn't work in Australia.
http://www.ups.com/?Site=Corporate&cookie=au_en_home&setCookie=yes
must be fake.

Say what? What does this have to do with what I reported?
What I get when I point a browser at the link cited by the OP is
a page with the book's title and a picture of its cover and the
text above, and that's about it. Do you get something else?

--
B. L. Massingill

  • Re: "Why is it necessary to classify data according to its type in computer programming?"
    ... I was going to be snarky and say "why would I want to buy it?" ... I wasn't aware that UPS didn't work in Australia. ... What I get when I point a browser at the link cited by the OP is ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Thief 2014
    ... the browser specific extra stuff. ... Especially a company website - you're basically telling any potential ... That's what I object to about html in email, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Thief 2014
    ... the browser specific extra stuff. ... Especially a company website - you're basically telling any potential ... That's what I object to about html in email, ... <snip since you wanted to drop this part> ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Cross-Browser onmousedown JavaScript
    ... It would only make sense to implement the W3C events model if there is a demand for currently unused event features; and if this were happening, nothing would prevent Microsoft from extending the current model, rather than implementing the W3C's model. ... Given this situation, two solutions are available: either change/correct the scripts, or change/evolve the browser's model. ... The choice of changing the model looks like the less painful; after all, scripts do not need to updated, and the browser ends up with more capabilities, right? ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)