Re: New to Web Applications and programming entirely...

RangeTradeMaster <8784170@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I know this has been asked a load of times, but i'm looking for
specifics please, thx. I'm new to programming, i've done some Access
Database work in the past, and need to learn how to create Web
Applications. My goal is to create applications that will be tied to
an Oracle9i backend and delivered to a browser. I guess my question is
why would you go with one technology versus the other, for example
Adobe AIR versus .Net versus Java...?

It's not really possible to answer to that question when you don't know
programming.

On the other hand, often it's people who don't know programming who
decide these matters, therefore the answer is entirely "political"
(eg. which salespeople will provide the buyer the best girls).

  • Re: GoTo in Java
    ... large graphics applications or gaming or simulation software; ... code maintaining shop if you do this.) ... Scripting languages are programming languages; ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Programming Practices
    ... developing C# applications and programming in general. ... and have developed simple applications to work with Access/SQL databases. ... code into 'layers', you hear about the presentation layer, the data access ... I implemented this with a data access layer, a business logic layer and the ...
  • Re: Why use relational tables in OO (please just take a look inside)
    ... The proper construction of OO applications lies ... programming than that provided by SA/SD/SP. ... > Every paradigm has it's limitations, and OO is not an exception. ... > and a set of not so recently hired employees. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: sysadmin qualifications (Re: apt-get vs. aptitude)
    ... For that, I simply searched 3 different sources on the web, and all of them said that simple applications are part of the OS. ... I'll also quote from "The Unix Programming Environment" - and remember, at the time Bell Labs owned Unix - "In 1973, Ritchie and Thompson rewrote the Unix kernel in C, breaking from the tradition that system software is written in assembly language." ... Hardware Engineers: ... And, finally, to install and configure programming related stuff, like development libraries, on Debian you simply install them. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: What is .net
    ... software) for installing and running ASP.NET desktop applications and Web ... You just want to learn, and have no experience programming (nothing ... relational database design in general and SQL Server in particular. ... don't ignore the topic of "relational database design" - ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.faqs)