Re: New to Web Applications and programming entirely...

On Jan 5, 10:30 am, Satchmo <don.tsp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No matter what platform or solution you use the key element here is SQL,
which will be used to connect from any front-end or interface to the
back-end whether it is Oracle, MySQL, or even Access.

Hope that helps.

-Satchmo

Yes, SQL is worth learning as it is one of the most widely used
languages around

  • Re: Oracle vs MySql Performance
    ... Performance on MySql was adequate but as our primary DB platform is ... Oracle we influenced the 3rd part to introduce an Oracle version (NB: ... To facilitate this process the vendor has used almost pure ANSI Sql so ... Look at the wait events in the raw trace file for clues ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Oracle vs MySql Performance
    ... Performance on MySql was adequate but as our primary DB platform is ... Oracle we influenced the 3rd part to introduce an Oracle version (NB: ... To facilitate this process the vendor has used almost pure ANSI Sql so ... might explain why is is running slower. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Oracle vs MySql Performance
    ... Performance on MySql was adequate but as our primary DB platform is ... Oracle we influenced the 3rd part to introduce an Oracle version (NB: ... To facilitate this process the vendor has used almost pure ANSI Sql so ... Set up a database agnostic app and you will notice you don't use the ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Frage: Auflistung der SQL Syntax von verschiedener Datenbanken
    ... SQL Syntax tabellarisch aufgelistet werden. ... MySQL Servern eine "DROP INDEX" Anweisung ... Gerade bei Oracle gibt es viele Unterschiede ... DBS. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.vb.datenbank)
  • ADO.Net verschiede DBs
    ... Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL und Access ... MS SQL -> SqlConnection ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.datenbank)