Re: New to Web Applications and programming entirely...

On 1/4/2011 7:26 PM, RangeTradeMaster wrote:
I know this has been asked a load of times, but i'm looking for
specifics please, thx. I'm new to programming, i've done some Access
Database work in the past, and need to learn how to create Web
Applications. My goal is to create applications that will be tied to
an Oracle9i backend and delivered to a browser. I guess my question is
why would you go with one technology versus the other, for example
Adobe AIR versus .Net versus Java...?

http://www.dofactory.com/Patterns/Patterns.aspx
http://www.dofactory.com/Framework/Framework.aspx

  • books
    ... I'm looking to convert some of my "classic asp" applications to .NET using ... can anyone recomend any good Web DB programming with C#? ...
  • Re: New to Web Applications and programming entirely...
    ... specifics please, thx. ... I'm new to programming, i've done some Access ... Database work in the past, and need to learn how to create Web ... My goal is to create applications that will be tied to ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: GoTo in Java
    ... large graphics applications or gaming or simulation software; ... code maintaining shop if you do this.) ... Scripting languages are programming languages; ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Programming Practices
    ... developing C# applications and programming in general. ... and have developed simple applications to work with Access/SQL databases. ... code into 'layers', you hear about the presentation layer, the data access ... I implemented this with a data access layer, a business logic layer and the ...
  • Re: Why use relational tables in OO (please just take a look inside)
    ... The proper construction of OO applications lies ... programming than that provided by SA/SD/SP. ... > Every paradigm has it's limitations, and OO is not an exception. ... > and a set of not so recently hired employees. ...
    (comp.object)