Re: Best way to detect file versions

Lothar Behrens wrote:

Are there other ways to solve the problem?

You can extend the parser for your file format so that, depending on the
document version, different rules are applied. It may not be easy or
straight-forward, but it is the right way to do this.

Rui Maciel

  • Re: Parsing CSV files
    ... I can generally write an FSM parser in an hour or so, depending on the syntax. ... XML parser, recursive descent, in eight hours, start to finish. ... Many times even with 3rd party libraries, you still have to learn how to ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Flat File or XML DOM?
    ... > into separate major groups. ... The file format would be XML. ... DOM is one type of parser for an XML file. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: String Search in a LARGE text file
    ... to parse the file format into an object model. ... navigator for your file format, then extract the data using XPath ... You might be able to use Regular Expressions to help create a parser, ... mappy37b4gre Fujix \n- In Mappy (both versions, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Numbering
    ... Either preface the numbers with an apostrophe or format as Custom with an ... appropriate number of 0's depending upon how far your list will extend. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • What to (regression) test?
    ... I was asked to define criteria for the extend of (regression) testing ... that needs to be done when a specific change is done (depending on what ...
    (comp.software.testing)