Re: MOST USEFUL Computer Language

stan_at_temple.edu
Date: 01/25/04

Date: 25 Jan 2004 03:54:15 GMT

In rec.photo.digital Wouter Lievens <lievenswouter@snotmail.com> wrote:
> "English Teacher" <EnglishTeacher@ModernEnglish.com> schreef in bericht
>> What would be the most useful language to learn among:
>>
>> Java, C, C#, C++, VB, VB.NET, DELPHI?

> C++

Actually, the most useful programming language depends on
the programming project at hand. For example, C++ would be
a terrible choice for writing many Unix system management
tools, but it would be a superb choice for writing many
other classifications of software. For web programming,
Java is an excellent choice, or perl. For programming
under Microsoft's IIS, there's something to be said for
visual basic, c#, or v.net.

So the best language depends on what you want to do.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MOST USEFUL Computer Language
    ... the most useful programming language depends on ... a terrible choice for writing many Unix system management ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Seek Contract Programming Work - 17 Years Experience
    ... where I did nothing but debugging and optimization. ... electric keyboard), so I enjoy writing MIDI, audio and music applications. ... file format to the C++ API) for a financial firm in the Bahamas, ... to handle any sort of programming task. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Seek Contract Programming Work - 17 Years Experience
    ... where I did nothing but debugging and optimization. ... electric keyboard), so I enjoy writing MIDI, audio and music applications. ... file format to the C++ API) for a financial firm in the Bahamas, ... to handle any sort of programming task. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Intro to Writing "Good" Code
    ... Intro to Writing "Good" Code ... The first rule of programming is "take ... Readability: Eventually somebody is going to have to ... The reason for this is that the ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Whats the name for this?
    ... you're the only one mentioning it in connection to programming. ... > is no connection between the philosphy of Plato and Computer Science. ... French philosopher, who pointed out that at the dawn of writing, Plato ...
    (comp.programming)