Re: Can you find anything wrong with this solution to the Halting Problem?

From: Kent Paul Dolan (xanthian_at_well.com)
Date: 07/10/04

Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:06:25 +0000 (UTC)

"Peter Olcott" <olcott@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Only direct refutation or confirmation of this message will
> be replied to, anything else will be considered off-topic and
> ignored.

Sorry, but you don't get to set the ground rules in such a
manner as to up the kook-math quotient in this newsgroup.

To prove the halting problem "solvable", you first have to
understand enough computer science theory to comprehend the
proof that the halting problem is _unsolvable_. Trust me,
that isn't very much theory knowledge, I had it well in
hand after four weeks of my first theory class. If you want
to be anything but a kook contributor here, you should
undertake the effort. If you are unwilling to do that, no
one can help you, and no one here should waste the time and
resources trying.

Once you do have that much understanding, you will read the
proof that the halting problem is unsolvable, a little light
will go on inside you, and you will find a better use for
your time than constructing erroneous proofs for a falsehood.

xanthian.