Re: pseudo random thoughts

On Sun, 22 May 2005 17:50:30 -0700, mike wrote:

> i am new to PRNG (about two years now) and need advise for testing and
> analysis from experts in PRNG techniques. method i am using is pretty
> simple and am sure that there are techniques that are similar or the same.

There are links to good tests for a PRNG at
http://csrc.nist.gov/rng/

-paul-
--
Paul E. Black (p.black@xxxxxxx)

  • Re: pseudo random thoughts
    ... >>analysis from experts in PRNG techniques. ... for most non-cryptographic applications is probably the Mersenne Twister ... Googling on "Mersenne Twister random" brings up umpteen alleged ...
    (comp.theory)
  • Re: Manansala Random Number Generator
    ... All you have done is create a PRNG with a very large seed. ... There are a large variety of systems like ... Having a large seed is a damned nuisance, ... Prev by Date: ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Truly random?
    ... Simon Biber said: ... > Given a PRNG of the form ... rjh at above domain ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Truly random?
    ... >Given a PRNG of the form ... I was very young in those days, but I was also rather dim. ... -- Christopher Priest ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: pseudo random thoughts
    ... books on PRNG. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.theory)