Re: subtree isomorphism problem

Yes, I had the wrong problem in mind. Your problem is hard.

You can look at references like this:

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/666894.html

but if this is really for an ad-hoc query system, you'll want to simplify
your requirements.

For example, if you have a query a(b(c),b(d)) and a text a(b(c,d)), would
you expect to find a match or not? If you're really looking for subtree
isomorphism, then the answer is "no", but if you say "yes" then your problem
becomes much simpler, and can be solved easily during a postorder traversal
of the text tree.

--
Matt

  • Re: Pentagon Faces Tough Budget Choices Article
    ... Not flying those off carriers any more. ... receiver that are still likely classified, and would boggle your mind if I ... references, and yours are generally tabulations of simple data, rather than ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Binomial distribution property -- proof needed
    ... I've tried showing that the sum from 0 to n-1 has to be smaller than ... to mind whenever they come to mind. ... any pointers? ... that I can simply include in the references, ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Japanese networks (was Americans in the Phillipines trapped)
    ... Perhaps you should bear that in mind next time you make references ... perhaps you can develop a thicker skin. ... you remember, not the trial itself, which assume was in fact secret. ... Please make up your mind. ...
    (soc.history.war.world-war-ii)
  • Re: masm linking from console
    ... I didn't see any references to "link.exe" with either ... so I will keep the link you provided in mind. ... After looking at Randy's link explanation, I'm not sure that the linker in ... Maybe Steve has some link explanations that are consistent ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Why ibn Wahshiyah Will Get No Respect
    ... references to the 1806 edition but not the 1806 edition. ... Never mind: the ways of google book search are unfathomable. ... Your comment on the case of the Sabaean inscriptions sounds about ...
    (sci.lang)