Re: Complexity Theory for Simpletons

Woeginger Gerhard wrote:
[...]
We know several models of computation, in which P=NP holds.

I don't think that's really right. The model is part of the
definitions of P and NP. Either P=NP or it doesn't.

Certainly we know of models in which all languages in NP are
decidable in poly-time, and that's enough to support your
case here.

--
--Bryan

  • instructions on how to print equations in word 2007
    ... Under Supplemental language support, click to select the Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages check box. ... If you are printing using an HP laser printer or one that uses an HP laser PCL ...
  • Re: Why we should (not?) have closures after all
    ... fictional "lack" of capabilities is what makes it empowering. ... You recognize that Java does not support multiple paradigms, ... Dynamically typed languages are certainly unsuitable for writing ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: A HACKER HACK MY SYSTEM
    ... > the trojan and restore it later. ... Perhaps you can find some support in a thread on ... Yes, I know they have support but some languages has only so little support, ... > "Gunilla wrote: ...
  • Re: I came, I saw, I was disappointed...
    ... BASIC was OK in the 1970s, asn it was a much improved BASIC, but in the 1980s the world had moved on to proepr structured languages like Pascal and C. Insisting that neophyte computer users learn BASIC is not doign them any favours at all in the long run. ... together with good REPEAT..UNTIL type constructs. ... I don't think BBC Basic had any kind of support for modularity or other high level structured programming techniques? ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Is there Global IME for Office 2003?
    ... cash for the Proofing software? ... It truly, well, sucks that language support ... > mearly file updates and did not add any languages to my language bar. ... > As you mentioned Windows XP gives BASIC IME support but only has a fraction ...
    (microsoft.public.officeupdate)