Re: I need a paper

tchow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
: <kingpin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
: >Thank you Kid...what is the difference between sholar.google.com and
: >with a normal google search?

: scholar.google.com is a specialized search engine that returns only
: scholarly references. If you know you're looking for a scholarly
: reference, then you want to exclude all the other junk that an ordinary
: Google search will return.
:
: It is far from true that all scholarly papers are readily available on
: the web, but scholar.google.com is a good place to start looking.
: Tim Chow tchow-at-alum-dot-mit-dot-edu

Also see the bottom-left of my homepage www.forkosh.com
for several other scholarly search engines. Any other
ones I should have there?
--
John Forkosh ( mailto: j@xxxxx where j=john and f=forkosh )

  • Re: Jamie Robert Powell and J G Miller - revised
    ... that by placing Jamie's full name in a Usenet header, ... The result is that when Jamie's full name is entered in a Google search, ... search engine and I think this was a very mean spirited action. ... Making a biassed post containing out of context derogatory quotations, ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Secrecy is Suppression of Free Speech
    ... accessible by the Google search engine. ... If you want fast access to your posts in these international libraries, ... freemasons' supreme secret in thousands of metal disks, ...
    (soc.rights.human)
  • Re: A note on youtube-dl
    ... another goooooogle product - search engine. ... google search results in a text file from bash script? ... site parsers to grab contents from some sites using bash utilities ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How to find technical notes ?
    ... monitor to a macbook pro causes problems. ... Don't use Apple's own search engine to find tech articles. ... the quotes) in your Google search and it will return only articles from ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: More digital switch-over misinformation
    ... :> I've just done a Google search using the following search ... I suspect that the use of tables for layout doesn't ... help search engine optimisation, ... helping SEO but allowing multiple styles for different users, ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)