Re: Hofman and Diaby talk about P=NP at INFORMS 2007

In article <1170809084.134968.69070@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<dmoews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
nonzero zero total
y's 32793 1007648743 1007681536
z's 1054748 31987841624036 31987842678784
[...]
non-vacuously vacuously total
satisfied satisfied satisfied
equations equations equations
(2.6) 1 0 1
(2.7) 431 30289 30720
(2.8) 14124 15222996 15237120
(2.9) 341033 4713008087 4713349120
(2.10) 256403 4713092717 4713349120
(2.11) 341033 4713008087 4713349120
(2.12) 30 30722 30752
(2.14) 0 31744 31744

Excellent! Thank you very much. So there are 31988850360320 variables
and 14155377697 constraints. Moews and Hofman have checked all
14155377697 constraints and have not been able to find a violated
constraint.

But we know from your arguments that there *must* be a violated constraint.
Their lack of mathematical programming knowledge, however, seems to be
preventing them from finding the violated constraint. This is where we
need you to step in.

Professor Diaby, David Moews has responded promptly to your request. Will
you now respond promptly to my request, to find the violated constraint?
--
Tim Chow tchow-at-alum-dot-mit-dot-edu
The range of our projectiles---even ... the artillery---however great, will

  • Re: Hofman and Diaby talk about P=NP at INFORMS 2007
    ... mathematics. ... Hofman has an alleged assignment of variables that he ... Therefore, according to you, some *other* constraint in your model must ... Hofman and Moews have had trouble finding this violated constraint. ...
    (comp.theory)
  • Re: Hofman and Diaby talk about P=NP at INFORMS 2007
    ... mathematics. ... Hofman has an alleged assignment of variables that he ... Therefore, according to you, some *other* constraint in your model must ... Hofman and Moews have had trouble finding this violated constraint. ...
    (comp.theory)
  • Re: Trapping constraint violation...
    ... > because in the trigger we were able to RAISEERROR on a user defined error ... > Ronald wrote: ... >> figure out the name of the constraint. ... >> the violated constraint, and if so, how? ...
  • Re: Trapping constraint violation...
    ... I'll have to settle with the message text and parse the constrain name... ... I'll just have to rely on the fact then that nobody translates the message and leaves the name of the constraint out... ... > table name followed by double underscore (because table names can contain ... >> violated constraint, and if so, how? ...
  • Re: SQL Developer Data Pump lizard
    ... you put in a Feature Request for this: ... I also noticed that readers can vote to get their favorite request on ... tried to put in a second vote, but was stopped by a unique constraint: ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)