HypersonicSQL and also other database: connection of two or more applications ?

From: Mario_5 (mario_zupan_at_inet.hr)
Date: 12/17/03

    Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:10:39 +0100

    I try to connect to the HSQL through my application although DatabaseManager
    is started and also although I run server.bat. Then I got a message that
    other user
    is connected so my application can't connect.
    I saw that also on other database so it's difficult to me to shutdown the
    database
    manager (or IBConsole in InterBase, for example) when I developing some
    application.

    • HSQL 1.7.1/Netbeans JDBC not starting
      ... I am trying to use HSQL 1.7.1 within Netbeans 3.5.1, ... But this is just an "in memory" database... ... There is insufficient information to establish a connection to obtain ... If one cannot get past this one cannot manipulate the HSQL ...
      (comp.lang.java.databases)
    • Open Office BETA Debuts With HSQLDB
      ... referred to as an "Access-like application." ... "One noteworthy addition to this upcoming 2.0 OO.o release is the HSQL ... Embedded database engine a fast Java-based embedded database engine ... confidence in choosing HSQLDB as your database of choice. ...
      (comp.lang.java.databases)
    • Re: Collection software
      ... Here's a negative quote from a forum post I found by searching for "php and openoffice.org." ... The database itself is stored inside the ODF container as a binary attachment. ... The actual D/B engine is the Java based database HSQL; The D/Bs binary format is just the native HSQL format. ... Manipulating an ODB database involves unzipping the entire D/B, manipulating it then zipping it up again to save it. ...
      (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)
    • JDBCAdapter, JTable & Date.class ?
      ... I create simple database (HSQL) with one Date field. ... can't edit java.sql.Date.class although I change the method ... It is the TableExample from j2sdk1.4.2 (and earlier jdk-s) ...
      (comp.lang.java.databases)
    • Re: use mySQL or Access for development?
      ... Or the small java DBs like hsql ... David ... > I want to create a commercial application using a database. ... > that without buying a commercial license. ...
      (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)